The Advisory Board consists of one member from each of the 12 community sectors identified by the Drug Free Communities Support program as essential for involvement in substance abuse prevention efforts. The Board also has one representative from each of the following: the Coalition's fiscal agent (Cary Medical Center), Caribou's Community Alcohol and Drug Education Team (CADET), Maine Legislature, Aroostook County District Attorney's office, and Aroostook County probation.
1. Alcohol/Drugs Workgroup: This group is working on putting together a public education campaign aimed at educating parents and youth about the myths of underage drinking.
2. Developmental Assets Workgroup : The Assets Workgroup is creating a public education campaign based on the Search Institute's 40 Developmental Assets.
3. Prescription Drug Workgroup : This workgroup is promoting two prescription drug return days in Aroostook County in late Summer 2008. It has put together a prescription drug campaign that educates the public about the need to secure, monitor and properly dispose of prescriptions to protect themselves, their families and their communities. The Prescription Workgroup is also planning four prescriber trainings this Fall, which will be at local hospitals.
4. Funding Workgroup : The Funding Workgroup is planning for the sustainability of substance abuse prevention efforts in Aroostook County once DFC Grant monies are exhausted.
5. Youth Advisory Councils : ASAP currently maintains two youth advisory councils, one in Southern Aroostook County and one in Northern Aroostook County. Youth on the councils meet once per month and participate in ASAP's prevention efforts according to their areas of interest.